This week for our Sunday post, we're going to be covering two different subjects. The first subject is going to be Nicole's long overdue "7 Things" post. If you're not interested in that, you should still stick around to read the second bit, because it will most likely interest you quite a bit.
So, without further ado, Nicole's 7 Things.
Back at the beginning of the month, Cristina tagged us in one of these things, and this is my response. It has to be said that almost all of the things Kirsten said in her tag apply to me as well because we are scarily similar in many ways.
7 things I have to do before I die:
1. Own a munchkin cat. And a toyger. Seriously. If they could be cross-bred so that I could have a miniature tiger with stubby legs, my life would be made.
2. Go back to Paris for an extended period of time. I've been there twice, but neither trip was really long enough for me to properly do everything I needed to do. I could literally spend days wandering through the Louvre.
3. Learn to drive and actually get a proper license. Well, I know how to drive, I'm just really not very good at it and I get all panicked and angry when I'm behind the wheel.
4. Wear all of the polishes in my collection at least once.
5. Learn to drive motorcycles. This is sort of related to number 3, but in my head it's completely separate. While traveling through Vietnam in 2009, I completely fell in love with riding motorcycles, and I told myself that when I got home, I was going to get a motorcycle license so I could do it all the time. It hasn't happened yet.
6. Get a job that I actually enjoy. As of right now I'd settle for just getting a job that gives me money, but the ultimate goal is for a job that doesn't make me want to die during each shift.
7. Become best friends with the Spice Girls.
7 things I say all the time:
2. Oh no
6. Old man knees
7. So sleepy
7 things I'm good at:
2. Citing papers (the picky little details are what I'm best at).
3. Alphabetizing things/filing
4. Doing my homework at the last minute
5. Spending money, especially money I don't have.
6. Absorbing information that most people would consider to be useless, such as obscure facts and plot points in the Harry Potter books.
1. Too easily distracted from the important things
2. I can be a bit of a flake sometimes, but I'm working on fixing that.
3. I'm awful at time management; I tell myself every year that I'm going to start working on my assignments a little bit each day so that I'm not panicking at the last minute, but it hasn't happened yet.
4. I'm too good at spending money I don't have.
5. My skin still thinks I'm a teenager.
6. It's way too easy for me to spend an entire day watching movies and TV in my jammies.
7. I can't watch even a slightly scary movie without being terrified of everything for days afterward. I mean, I love horror movies, but I'd love to be able to watch them and then be able to walk at a normal pace through my basement instead of sprinting.
1. Kirsten put this one under her flaws, but I'm going to put it here because... well, just because. I'm definitely a loner. If I have a choice between going out to a bar with friends or sitting at home with my cat all night, I'll probably choose to stay in with my cat. I love my friends, but I don't like being surrounded by lots and lots of people. My favourite kind of parties are the kind where there are only about 5 people, and we just play board games and listen to music. And drink.
2. I'm very loyal. Once you've got me on your side, you'll be hard pressed to get rid of me. I'm not exactly going to go out and beat people up for you, but you'll always have my love and support.
3. I'm a pacifist. I firmly believe that there are better ways of solving disputes that don't involve bloodshed or violence of any kind. I absolutely support the military in what they do to protect me, but I live in hope that a time will come when they won't be necessary.
4. I cry out of sympathy when I see other people cry a lot of the time.
5. I'm a very hard worker in anything that I'm tasked with. Even if I'm completely miserable about what I have to do, you can rest assured that I'm going to do my best at it.
6. Tied in to my loyalty, I can be very forgiving. To me, almost no bridge can be burned completely. Almost.
7. I know when I've had enough to drink and I'm good at stopping at that point. For that reason I've only had one serious hangover in my entire life. And oh man was it serious.
I'm not going to tag anyone in this because the three people that Kirsten picked were the exact three that I would have picked, and I can't bring myself to choose any others. If you
want to fill it out yourself, go right ahead and feel free to leave a link to that post in the comments. I'd love to read what you have to say!
And now, the bit you've been waiting for.
Kirsten and I have spent a long time discussing this, and we've decided we're going to have a giveaway in the near future. When we hit 75 followers, we're going to give away...
We've still got a few more to go before we get to 75, but hopefully it'll be pretty soon! If you want to mention the upcoming giveaway on your blog or Twitter or whatever, go right ahead. The sooner we get 75 followers, the sooner we'll start accepting entries.
STOP, Kirsten time? Hi lacquered lovelies. I'm typing this on my phone, so I won't be as verbose as I usually am. You can breathe a sigh of relief now. We're just excited about the crackles and we're looking forward to the chance to show that we appreciate you all! I'm still in Vancouver, not much luck hunting but I'm having fun. I have ice cream, so life is beautiful. Posts will resume as usual tomorrow! Until then, just remember that I have a big fat LESBIAN crush on all of you. bonus points to whoever gets that reference that isn't my roommate!
We hit 55 today and it's pretty awesome. Thank all of you for reading our little blog!